I am lucky

I walked inside the small dusty classroom. Students were sitting down in wooden chairs that were sticked to wooden tables. The boys were throwing popsicles at each other and the girls were just eating popsicles. Nobody payed attention to me until I found an empty seat and sat in it. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I was different than everyone. I was wearing branded shoes and leather clothing. I learned how lucky I was. Not everyone lives an easy life.

6 Replies to “I am lucky”

1. Hi F.P,

I really liked how your blog post is very detailed, “I entered in a small dusty classroom.” instead of just writing “I entered in the classroom.” I wonder, why were you different than everyone, why were you so lucky?

1. Hi Blanca,
      Thank you for your comment it was really meaningful. The reason I was different than everyone else is because I went to a summer school in a village in Cameroon. Most of the students were living under party and they were wearing ripped clothes. I was lucky because not everyone has the chance to go to a good school, travel to different places and buy lots of things.

2. I love how your blog was detailed. Was this in Cameroon? Sometimes you really have to learn to appreciate what you have!
    Hope it went well.

1. Dear Irie,
      I like your comment, I like the fact you asked me a question. Yes it was in a village in Cameroon and I am happy you understand the meaning of my post.

3. This is like the parents saying “be happy because you’re lucky with what you have” this reminds me of that. Pretty nostalgic.

1. Thank you for the comment Sam and I am happy you could relate to my post. I like your use of vocabulary “nostalgic”